We've officially entered the New Year. The kids and I ushered it in with an evening of games. We discovered that playing Phase 10 with 5 people can last a very, very long time. None of us made it to midnight, though; by 11:45 everyone in the house was sound asleep.
I don't make resolutions, but instead I set goals for each new year. Here are my goals for 2011.
1. Read through the Bible. I plan to do this by starting every day with Bible reading and prayer.
2. Spend more time with Robb without the kids. Our lives get so wrapped up in everything the children are involved in that so often our relationship takes a backseat. I don't want that to be the case this year.
3. Set aside at least one hour for each child individually during each week, outside of school time, to do something with that child.
4. Be slower to anger with my family.
5. Finish Ballerina's stocking by the end of February and begin Little Red's stocking.
6. Finish painting and decorating the 2 girls' rooms.
7. Lose 15 pounds.
8. Read at least one book a month, outside of books we read during school time.
9. Organize the printed pictures so that I can begin to scrapbook again.
While 9 goals may seem like a lot, they cover areas that are easily attainable in the course of one year. I encourage everyone to set at least one goal for yourself for the new year. Share it with someone to help hold yourself more accountable. I am counting on you to hold me accountable this year.