I had planned to begin school on August 1st; however, that didn't work out. Soccer Girl has had morning soccer practices for the past 4 weeks, ending this week. Ballerina had morning dance classes last week. There is no way that I could start school while having our mornings interrupted with activities. So we put off the beginning of school until next week.
R is for Ready (or Not)
You would think that, since I was planning on starting school last week, I would be ready. I don't feel like I am, though. Our school table still looks like a bomb exploded, with papers everywhere from me trying to get ready.
Here is what is ready:
- School books for this year are sorted and placed on the appropriate shelves.
- Most lessons have been put into Homeschool Tracker. I'm a little befuddled as to how to schedule and plan out The Boy's math and science this year. He's moving into jr high subjects, and it's a little more difficult for me to plan out. I know that as we begin the year and I see how he's doing, it will be easier to plan the rest of the year.
- Most of the school supplies have been purchased and are sitting in my bedroom closet. (No, they won't stay there.)
- The daily schedule has been planned. It took much thought this year (and stress), trying to figure out how to make sure I can teach everyone everything they need, but it did get done.
- Clean off the school table.
- Put away the rest of the books from last year. I have a few that I don't think we'll use again so I don't want to pack them away but I don't want them cluttering up my school room either.
- Purchase a couple more items for the kids for the first day of school.
- Get the kids' bedrooms organized. Even though they don't do school in their rooms, I really would like them to have a nice, organized place to go when they aren't having school time.
- Watch a couple of the dvd's we'll be using for school this year (IEW and Pre-Algebra) so that I can have a clue as to what I'm doing.