History - We are still reading Augustus Caesar's World. We learned about how Augustus commissioned Virgil to write the Aeneid to preserve the religion of the Romans. We also discussed how the months and days were named.
Science - The Boy finished up his study of the scientific method with a couple of experiments exploring the effect of weight on the free fall of objects.
Writing - We are using IEW this year, and I'm seeing tremendous improvement in the twins' writing. Ballerina, who used to despise writing, actually seems to enjoy it using this approach. I'm using IEW at home with both her and The Boy, and Soccer Girl is doing an IEW class at our co-op.
Preschool - Sassy Pants was excited to get to use the new Carlito C. Caterpillar's MathHouse Game Card set that I received to review. You can read more about them here. She especially loved getting to eat the manipulatives (M&M's). She had her mouth stuffed full.
Co-Op - I mentioned that Soccer Girl is taking an IEW class at co-op. I love our co-op! The ladies (and gentlemen) who teach are such a wonderful group. Sassy is still going through a clingy phase, so dropping her off at her first class usually draws some tears, but once she's in there, she has a blast the rest of the morning.
Little Red's classes are
- The Magic School Bus - a science class based on the videos and books
- Literature Pockets
- Worship and Wonder - where they learn stories from the Bible.
- American Girl History - which she loves since she loves the American Girl books
- A Trip Around the World - a world geography class
- Worship and Wonder with Caelin
- Meet the Masters - an art class based on the paintings of the masters
- US Geography