About the book:
To be their best, children need to feel loved. But if you and your child speak different love languages, your affection might get lost in translation, affecting the child’s attitude, behavior, and development. Dr. Gary Chapman’s groundbreaking Five Love Languages series has helped millions of couples communicate love more clearly, and Dr. Ross Campbell M.D. has applied the innovative system to children as well. The 5 Love Languages of Children gives practical suggestions for learning how your children interpret love and creating a sense of security in which they can thrive.
If you aren't familiar with the 5 Love Languages, they are:
- Quality Time - spending special time with people
- Words of Affirmation - kind words and praise
- Gifts - giving and receiving gifts no matter the size
- Physical Touch - hugs, snuggles or even friendly wrestling
- Acts of Service - doing nice and helpful things
I really enjoyed this book. I especially appreciated the lists of ways to show love in each of the Love Languages. My Love Language is Words of Affirmation, but none of the others in my family share that as their primary Love Language. Having specific suggestions of how to show them love in the language they best understand is really helpful.
One lucky reader will get their own copy of The 5 Love Languages of Children. Please leave a separate comment for each entry and your email address in one of the comments so I can get in touch with you if you win.
Here's how to enter (There are 10 different ways):
1. Leave a comment telling me your child's Love Language. (Or that special child in your life - grandchild, niece, nephew, neighbor, etc.)
2. Go to the Love Language site and take the quiz to determine your love language. Leave me a comment telling me what your love language is.
3. Follow Tales of a Pee Dee Mama with Google Friend Connect on the right side of the page.
4. Like Gary Chapman on Facebook.
5. Like Tales of a Pee Dee Mama on Facebook.
6. Follow Gary Chapman on Twitter.
7. Follow Pee Dee Mama on Twitter.
8. Share this giveaway on Facebook.
9. Tweet this giveaway on Twitter. Leave a comment with a link to the tweet.
10. Blog about this giveaway. Leave a comment with a link to the blog post.
This giveaway will end at 11:59 pm on Tuesday, April 24th. Winner will be announced on Wednesday, April 25th.
“Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”