Here are some of the things that happened for my family in 2012:
- Started kindergarten work for school
- Played her first season of organized soccer - Let's just say, she's a natural soccer player. She was the smallest one on her team, but she easily dominated the field. In her last game, she scored 10 goals.
- Became a reader - She really struggled with reading for the first half of 1st grade, but in the spring, she blossomed. Now she's reading just about anything I give her.
- Auditioned for and made the entry level in the ballet company
- Made significant improvements in Spanish
- Got to dance a special part in the Nutcracker - She was in her 2nd year in the entry level of company and was picked to be the lead Gingersnap.
- Made improvements in vocabulary skills
- Went to the final game in 3 different soccer tournaments - Each time they came in runner-up, but just making it to the finals is a big deal.
- Made significant improvement in Pre-Algebra
- Played on the Junior Varsity homeschool soccer team in the spring
- Coached the U18 girls select soccer team. They made it to the upper level of State Cup (state championship tournament) and played well, in spite of many significant injuries to his players, including a broken collarbone in the last game.
- Was hired as the coach of the Varsity girls team at one of the local high schools
Blog HighlightsHere are the top viewed posts from 2012 (not including reviews and giveaways):
- Summer Fun Activities - List of summertime activities
- Reasons to Homeschool - My response after the tragic school shooting in Connecticut
- Jello Cake - Recipe
- Wordless Wednesday - Sassy's hair - I did her hair in criss-cross pony tails (back before she chopped her hair off).
- Happy Birthday to my Twins - My birthday tribute to my beautiful twin girls
- Sunday Morning Attitude - Reflecting on my attitude getting my family ready for church each week
- Chicken & Broccoli Casserole - Recipe
- Wordless Wednesday - State Cup - Pic of The Boy playing in the State Cup in the spring
- First Day of School - Recap of our first day of school for 2012-13
- Mis-Heard Lyrics by the Small People - Sassy's version of Baa, Baa Black Sheep
I'm excited for what's ahead in 2013! I plan to be more consistent in posting, especially highlights from our school weeks.