Reading and 'Riting and 'Rithmetic. These might be considered the basics, but my favorite subject to teach is history.
H is for History
I've been blessed to find a curriculum that I love to teach history. Three years ago, I started using My Father's World for history. This was the best curriculum change I've ever made.
- My Father's World is designed to be used with a range of ages simultaneously for grades 2 to 8. Any curriculum that allows me to teach all of my children together gets my vote.
- My Father's World combines the use of living books (instead of textbooks) with hands-on activities. I'm grateful for their inclusion of hands-on projects because I don't have time to come up with them on my own most of the time.
- My Father's World presents material with a Biblical worldview.
- My Father's World provides easy-to-follow daily lesson plans. It's already done the hard part for me!
- My Father's World gives a portion of its profits toward mission work.