Hugging does have its benefits. According to Mind Body Green, there are 10 good reasons to get good quality hugs every day.
- The nurturing touch of a hug builds trust and a sense of safety.
- Hugs can instantly boost oxytocin levels, which heal feelings of loneliness, isolation, and anger.
- Holding a hug for an extended time lifts one's serotonin levels, elevating mood and creating happiness.
- Hugs strengthen the immune system.
- Hugging boosts self-esteem.
- Hugging relaxes muscles.
- Hugs balance out the nervous system.
- Hugs teach us how to give and receive.
- Hugs, like meditation and laughter, teach us to let go and be present in the moment.
- The energy exchange between the people hugging is an investment in the relationship.
Did you hug someone today?