|Image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net|
After thinking and praying about it, I decided that I was going to do a unit on the Fruit of the Spirit. I wanted to spend a week on each Fruit. To Google and Pinterest I went. While I found a lot of lessons designed for Sunday School classes, but not a lot for a homeschool unit. I would need to create my own.
(Disclaimer: Our week is only 4 days long because we go to a homeschool co-op one day each week. The week we did Peace we actually only did a 3 day week because of other things going on. Sorry!)
Check out what we learned during our study of Love and Joy.
- Review Galatians 5:22-23. Talk about how peace is the absence of strife and is also the state of being content.
- Read Proverbs 20:3. Talk about ways that we can avoid being fools by avoiding strife.
- Read Philippians 4:4-7. Talk about how God wants us to not worry but to have peace.
- Talk about things we can do to feel peaceful when we start to worry.
- Read Mark 4:35-41. Talk about how Jesus was able to bring peace to the stormy sea.
- Talk about how He can also bring peace to our lives in the midst of the storms we will go through and how He not only calmed the sea, but He calmed His disciples when He said, "Peace, be still."