Thank you for visiting me during the A to Z Challenge! I hope you'll join me throughout the month of April. I'll be exploring animal crafts with Sassy Pants for each letter of the alphabet. Not only that, but I'll be sharing with you some interesting facts about each animal. (Just to showcase what a nerdy homeschooling mama I am. LOL)
N is for Nothing
While I had a few N animals to choose from, I couldn't come up with any decent crafts. (Not that all of the others are outstanding. LOL) So today I've got NO craft to share. I do have some "N" animal facts to share, though.
Here are some interesting facts about narwhals:
- A narwhal's horn is actually a tooth that can grow to be up to 10 feet long.
- The squeals and whistles of a narwhal can deafen a human.
- Narwhals can live to be 50 years old.
- Narwhals swim belly up and lie motionless for several minutes.
- It is illegal to import narwhal tusks into the US.
Here are some interesting facts about nightingales:
- Nightingales were named because they frequently sing at night as well as the day.
- The nightingale is the national bird of Iran.
- Nightingales' eggs are a deep olive color.
Here are some interesting facts about newts:
- Newts can regenerate limbs and body parts.
- Many newts are highly toxic.
- Oils in human skin can be toxic to newts.
That's it. That's all I've got today. Come back tomorrow and I should have an O animal craft. :)