Thank you for visiting me during the A to Z Challenge! I hope you'll join me throughout the month of April. I'll be exploring animal crafts with Sassy Pants for each letter of the alphabet. Not only that, but I'll be sharing with you some interesting facts about each animal. (Just to showcase what a nerdy homeschooling mama I am. LOL)
O is for Octopus
I've only seen octopuses at the aquarium and on television. (I had to look up what the plural of octopus is. Turns out that either octopuses or octopi is correct, but my computer keeps telling me that octopi is misspelled.)
Here are some interesting facts about octopuses:
- An octopus is considered the most intelligent of invertebrates.
- An octopus can change its body shape to escape a trap.
- An octopus has 3 hearts but has a weak vascular system.
- Octopuses can detach their arms and then regenerate them.
- The blood of an octopus is blue.
Paper Bag Octopus
Cut the bag into 8 strips from the top to about halfway down.
Stuff the top of the bag with newspaper. Tightly wrap the rubber band around the bag at the base of the newspaper. Use a marker to draw eyes and a mouth on the head.