Thank you for visiting me during the A to Z Challenge! I hope you'll join me throughout the month of April. I'll be exploring animal crafts with Sassy Pants for each letter of the alphabet. Not only that, but I'll be sharing with you some interesting facts about each animal. (Just to showcase what a nerdy homeschooling mama I am. LOL)
Y is for Yak
Have you ever seen a yak? Other than pictures, I haven't. I think I'd like them a lot, though. They seem very furry; in fact, they remind me of Snuffleupagus, my favorite character on Sesame Street.
Here are some interesting facts about yaks:
- Yaks live in high elevations in Tibet and parts of China. They can live at high altitudes because of a large lung capacity, allowing them to inhale lots of oxygen.
- Yaks like cold baths. Yaks have been seen in lakes and rivers in temperatures down to -40 degrees F.
- Yak cheese is healthy for us.
- Lamps in Tibetan monasteries are fueled by yak butter.
- The only natural predator of a wild yak is a Tibetan wolf.