I realize it's probably been fall for many of you for weeks now. Here in South Carolina, though, fall is just beginning. We've just seen the beginning of crisp, cool mornings. The leaves on the trees in my yard are still green, but I know they'll be turning color any time now.
Here are some fun activities you can do as a family:
- Go for a hike in the woods to see the changing colors.
- Jump in a leaf pile.
- Go to a high school football game.
- Make a fall popcorn tree.
- Visit a pumpkin patch.
- Carve pumpkins.
- Paint pumpkins.
- Make s'mores.
- Make coffee filter fall leaves.
- Make chocolate chip pumpkin bread.
- Make a thankful tree.
- Visit a corn maze.
- Make paper bag pumpkins.
- Make candy apples.
- Go on a hay ride.
- Bob for apples.
- Make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
- Visit the fair.
- Roast pumpkin seeds.
- Watch Charlie Brown Halloween and Thanksgiving specials.
- Watch Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.
- Go on a fall nature hunt.
- Do leaf rubbings.
- Make autumn leaf placemats.
- Make leaf lanterns.
- Make chocolate chip pumpkin spice cake.
What are some of your favorite fall activities?