I have so many things that I do for my family - homeschooling, taxi driving to activities, cooking, cleaning - that I think having time for a hobby might be small. Nevertheless, I found many reasons why having a hobby is a good idea.
- Time for a break - Hobbies provide you with purposeful down time. I know my life is busy, but it's nice to have some time to recharge while still doing something productive.
- Learn something new - Right now my life revolves around homeschooling and my small people's activities. A hobby will help me learn about something that doesn't involve those 2 things, and might actually help me have more to talk about with other people. LOL
- Make new friends - I love the friends I have, but it's always nice to make new ones.
- Potentially make money - Depending on what the hobby is, there could be a possibility of selling craft items and make a little extra "fun" money.
- Health benefits - There is research that shows that engaging in enjoyable activities during leisure time can result in lower blood pressure and lower body mass index.
Image courtesy of Sicha Pongjivanich at FreeDigitalPhotos.net