Choosing my word for 2016 was not an easy task. There were many words that I considered. After mulling over several different words and thinking about what I want to accomplish in my life in 2016, I finally chose
One of the definitions I found for disciplined is:
Here are just a few of the areas of my life in which I want to become more disciplined in 2016:
- Homeschooling - I need to do a better job of keeping up with grading their papers in a timely manner, following up with areas where they need more instruction, and filing papers each week.
- Our Home - After living in this house for almost 8 years, it definitely needs some serious decluttering. I know there are items in some of the closets that have been in there the entire time we've lived here without ever being used, or even thought about.
- Academic Tutoring Business - As a stay-at-home homeschooling mama, I don't have a very large salary (read: NONE). Many years ago, I used to make a little extra money by tutoring in the afternoons. Now that all of my children are old enough that I don't need to watch them every single moment of the day, I plan to start tutoring again this year.
- Spiritual - I'm starting a read-through-the-Bible plan that will have me read through the entire Old Testament once and the New Testament twice over this year and next year. I need to be disciplined to keep up with my reading every day.
- Relationships - I need to be more disciplined in scheduling one-on-one time with my husband, my children, and my friends. I always have good intentions of doing things with the important people in my life, but I often lack the discipline to actually make that happen.
- Personal Growth - I plan to read more this year. (See the reading challenges that I've signed up for - here, here, and here.) I also want to do more crafting: finish Sassy's Christmas stocking, start some other cross stitch projects, get back into scrapbooking, and learn to knit.
What is your word for 2016?